Sunday, May 10, 2015

Victor Cobo Interview

VICTOR COBO INTERVIEW

"Right now I am strictly photography based because the idea of “the honesty” of the snapshot still fascinates me, but I experiment with different cameras.  35mm film and digital (never SLR’s), Polaroid’s and the Holga.  If it’s 35mm film I shoot drugstore film and get the drugstore to develope the rolls.  If the negatives come back scratched I am so happy!  I also love experimenting with the Rolleiflex 3.5f on a tripod.  The richness of the portraits are just amazing and I feel like this is a new medium for me instead of using small cameras with that have a built in flash.  To be honest I don’t really care what cameras I use in the future.  I hope to keep creating photographic series that reflect different chapters in my life."


No comments: